About My blog

Mai Style is about my passion for bead works (jahitan manik), embroideries (sulaman ayak, sulaman ayak kerawang) and confectioneries (kek, roti, dll). For more info contact me at my email add mai_shopgirl@yahoo.com, my facebook or my facebook fan page.

Search Post on This Blog

Sunday, May 29, 2011

Wedding season (musim perkahwinan).......

Here comes the bride (Selamat Pengantin Baru)…….
I am taking this opportunity to wish all the brides a Selamat Pengantin Baru that have had engaged me in making their wedding dresses. I am sincerely sorry that I can’t make it to every reception (kenduri) due to prior commitment. Though I tried my best to fit in at least a wedding attendance a weekend…but I am still constantly faced with “which one to go to?” predicaments, always taking into account the fact that I do not want to hurt anybody’s feeling. Well of course you can never be at two different places at once….not unless you have some kind of super power…
The following wedding dress belongs to Pn Imah’s customer. She is one of the cottage industry ladies I knew for a very long time. I am only doing the bead works on this 2-in-1 dress, on the lace material and on the satin (the bottom part). The beads are from pearls, sequins (plastic and metal), seed beads, glass beads, acrylic beads and swavoroski beads. Using only white and silver colour palettes. 
I would regularly receive order from my fellow tailors to add beads or embroideries on behalf of their customers. This type of networking has been very fruitful for all parties and is proven to be a win win situation thus far……






No comments:

Post a Comment