About My blog

Mai Style is about my passion for bead works (jahitan manik), embroideries (sulaman ayak, sulaman ayak kerawang) and confectioneries (kek, roti, dll). For more info contact me at my email add mai_shopgirl@yahoo.com, my facebook or my facebook fan page.

Search Post on This Blog

Wednesday, May 4, 2011

Beads for first timers......

Seed Beads Galore…
There are just so many types of beads that are on sale in the market right now. It could be overwhelming to recognise let alone remember them all. Not to mention what a daunting task to master for newbies. So I am going to help you with some of the basics beads terminology, that I think is useful in choosing the right beads so you would not end up buying a basket full of beads and no clue what to do with them.
One key rule to remember is the smaller the number written on the pack the larger the size would be. I am putting the smallest beads to the largest, so here’s beads terminology class 101:

  • Seed beads- small size, about bird’s seed
  • Pony beads-associated with the Native American
  • Crow beads-used around the neck and as bracelets
  • Charlottes-a cut seed beads
  • Tile beads-tube shape beads
  • Lanterns beads-octagon shape beads
  • White hearts-has a white lining
  • French Brass beads-has a large hole.

Well today’s posting is about using seed beads for a more simplistic and subtle outcome for day time wearing or first timers..






No comments:

Post a Comment