About My blog

Mai Style is about my passion for bead works (jahitan manik), embroideries (sulaman ayak, sulaman ayak kerawang) and confectioneries (kek, roti, dll). For more info contact me at my email add mai_shopgirl@yahoo.com, my facebook or my facebook fan page.

Search Post on This Blog

Thursday, May 19, 2011

Another Simply Crumblelitious.............

Simply Crumblelitious…..
My energy level has been receding even after a well rested weekend lately but I manage to pull everything together and finish what I started weeks earlier. This piece belongs to yours truly for a solemnization kenduri in Rengit, Johor just days away. The theme is earthy colour but seeing that I represent the East Coast, so I decided on sandy palette version of the West Coast earthy colour. I guess it really is open to interpretation as how you see certain colour and may I add that environment really affect us (beaches against bricks)…..get it?
Well……for some reason I decided to put beads only on the sleeve and nowhere else even with the plain Japanese cotton fabric because I am going for a less is more approach this time…NOT!!!!!!!!….. Actually I am just too tired from making sulaman ayak (embroideries) on another piece destine for the reception function in Putra Jaya that I have no more reserve energy to do an elaborate bead works anymore… Truth be told, I think it looks just perfect the way it is..See for yourself.
By the way, see the head scarf (tudung) to go with it…well I want to thank my LLB sis Cik Qon for lending a helping hand… She has excellent taste and ever so ready to assist….




No comments:

Post a Comment